At Total Physio we are dedicated to resolving your pain and giving you a maintenance plan to prevent reoccurrence.
Spinal pain, especially neck and low back pain are extremely common complaints in the general population. Unfortunately the biggest predictor for low back pain is a previous episode of low back pain.
If you have back pain while driving, lifting your baby, pushing a shopping trolley, getting out of bed, sitting at your desk, lifting your suitcase.....you need our help.
We assess and treat back pain every day. Back pain is a complex issue, so it is vital to get an accurate diagnosis of what is causing your pain, so a suitable treatment plan can be put in place as soon as possible. The quicker you get started on your treatment, the better chance you have of fully recovering from back pain.
There are many types of low back pain:
- Simple non-specific low back pain
- Nerve root pain
- Disc degeneration
- Bulging discs with or without nerve impingement
The following symptoms, in conjunction with back pain, should NEVER be ignored. You need to see your GP asap if you have some of these symptoms:
- Age less than 20 or greater than 55 years old
- Recent violent trauma, eg a fall or a car crash
- Constant pain which is not relieved by any position or by rest
- Upper spine pain
- Feeling unwell in general
- Rapid, unexplained weight loss
- History of cancer
- Widespread pins and needles and/or numbness
- Loss of control of bladder or bowel
- Pins and needles in your genital area
- Widespread leg weakness or problems walking
If you are not sure if we can help you, please call us on 01 213 7000. We can discuss the best option for you and even refer you onto the appropriate healthcare professional if appropriate.
If you wish to read more about Back pain, please check out this link from the Back Pain show broadcast on the Mooney Show: